Monday, March 10, 2008

It's Been A While

So it's been a bit since I've posted anything new. The past few weeks have been full and my mind is buzzing with all sorts of things. Also, the last few weeks of pregnancy are filled with little discomforts and aches and pains that keep me from my normal routine. But there are a few things worth mentioning that have happened over the past few weeks.

1. "Get a yankee to drive you!"
I'm pretty sure that comes from Dr. Moore. But it's the best advice for a southerner on snow days, advice that I had to learn the hard way. A couple of weeks ago I was taking dinner to a sweet family in our church when it started snowing. We had heard that it was supposed to really snow, but this home was only 5 miles from us. I was determined to deliver my meal. :( I should have waited. 

After 45 min and only traveling 4 miles because the snow was coming down so heavily, I called my dad to ask if my van had 4 wheel drive :) It amazes me that I am almost 29 years old and I still call my dad when I get scared. He said of course it doesn't and I should turn around immediately... I didn't. So I got to the top of a hill at a very busy intersection and got stuck. I mean stuck right out in front, the very first car in the lane, seemingly in the middle of the road. The more I tried to move, the worse it got and by the time I was done, a little bit of my van was in all three lanes.

This was very scary. I could hear everyone around me gunning their engines and slipping and sliding around me, inches away from my van. So there I was at the top of this hill, with my son and my unborn child in my tummy, completely helpless, and crying. Thankfully the family I was bringing dinner to had a big truck and they came and saved me. My van was stuck at their house for four days. Needless to say, I learned the hard way that when it snows and you have someplace to go... "Get a yankee to drive you!!!"  (or just stay home :)

2. I am having a baby in 4.5 weeks!!!
I guess about a month ago it hit me that a stork would not be bringing my baby to me and that I would indeed be delivering this child from my own body. After such a difficult delivery with Aslan, the anxiety of delivery set in. So after a few serious talks with my doctor, she suggested that I be induced early. I agreed whole heartedly and we chose the date of April 9!!! I will be 37.5 weeks and hopefully this will mean a smaller baby, thus an easier delivery!! I am so excited. Please pray that we have an easier time and for less trauma to moma and baby.

3. It snows too much in Louisville.
This past weekend we got almost a foot of snow... that is 12 inches too many!! We had planned to have our families up for a birthday weekend to celebrate Aslan's 2nd birthday. But we had to cancel our plans due to the arctic conditions. I am totally over snow. 
But Clint and Aslan had a blast playing in it! In fact, Aslan loved it so much that he cried every time he had to come in.

 I will post pictures soon. But for some reason the server? won't let me right now. 
More to follow...

No comments: