Thursday, February 14, 2008

Better Than Roses!

Usually for holidays Clint and I try and come up with some sweet, clever way to surprise each other. It is so much fun and we love to try and out due one another. However, this year we are short on time, finances and babysitters and this week I got stuck in the snow (more on that later) and my van is still at someone else's house. So I thought we had decided to skip the usual festivities and gifts.

But I woke up this morning and Clint had made me breakfast and coffee, which is not totally unusual. Then he surprised me with a little something.



I had seen it a couple of weeks ago at Starbucks and mentioned that I thought it would be a great thing to own. It is a great thing to own. We put it in the dvd player and watched it as soon as I opened it. As soon as "Hey Porter" came on Aslan started dancing, very cute. We decided that George Jones looks like a ventriloquist when he sings :), but even still he was our favorite guest singer on the dvd. It was a great gift~better than roses!

                                                     Happy Valentines Day!

8 comments:

dp said...

Giving and receiving Johnny Cash gifts for holidays ...

It's now official: you're a bona fide member of the Dean's Class ...

now a redeemed heir of the ultimate bridegroom said...

Well dp, you might be interested to know that we were giving and receiving Johnny Cash gifts long before the Dean's Class.

In fact, a prerequisite for joining an ABF (aka sunday school class) was that our teacher must be a johnny Cash fan. :)

However, it's good to know that we have been officially accepted into the flock by our favorite intern of the one and only... Dr. Russell Moore.

dp said...

Oh, I have no doubt.

In fact, I was planning on trying to work it in to my testimony this weekend about how you used to sleuth around MTSU in your all-black Johnny Cash ensemble, singing Orange Blossom Special with your hair in a long black pompadour - while all the while Clint would be proudly wearing his Volunteer hoodies and orange denim shorts with his neatly-groomed "Smyrna stash." Crazy times, I tell you.

Trying to confuse any comment readers you may have,
Daniel

now a redeemed heir of the ultimate bridegroom said...

?

dp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnneB said...

Wonderfully Romantic! It is so nice when our spouses remember the little mentions we throw out! I am sure you had a wonderful time sharing this memory with Aslan as well.

Shelby Craig said...

Nothing says "I Love You" like the sweet sounds of Johnny Cash! Way to go Clint! Maybe I will get that for Jennifer for easter?!?

Anonymous said...

I hope Aslan had a wonderful birthday! You need to update your blog! :) Love to you all, Lisa and family