Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pilgrim Style


First things first, my baby boy is beautiful! He is growing so fast!! He is rolling over and sitting up and is eating solids once a day with nursing meals. He sleeps about 11-12 hours straight and is so happy and very sweet. I love him to pieces!!

Now....
It has been a long time since we have updated you and we are so sorry!! But what a great and wonderful summer to catch you up on. 

But for now, I will start with the fact that we, and about 250,000 people, have been without power since SUNDAY!! 

This means no stove cooking, hot showers, clean laundry and (perhaps the most devastating) NO COFFEE MAKER!

In all seriousness, it was a blast. Everyone came out and spent time together and cooked on their grills. It is interesting how many things you can actually make on the grill. One sweet neighbor brought me coffee every morning that she made on her camp stove. 

Oh and for the first time in my life, I fired up the grill yesterday and cooked for about 8-10 kids and 4 adults and then again last night for 6! WOOT! All our husbands were working so I decided to get real rugged and brave the fires of our gas grill! I had so much fun. 

We got power again last night around 8pm and I have to admit I was a little sad. I enjoyed the community, candles and creativity.

More to come soon on our amazing summer! Love you all~

1 comment:

AnneB said...

absolutely adorable....that is all I can say...I can't wait to see him someday. Unfortunately...our babies won't be babies the next time we see each other. Oh well...I love seeing them in pictures! I also loved your post about Clint...thanks for sharing those sweet thoughts!