Saturday, September 27, 2008

Outside the Box

Well one of the big events of the summer was my birthday at the end of May. It was the first time I realized I am officially "outside the box" of 24 candles :(  I need 2 boxes of candles!!! This was a bit of a sad realization for me...  apparently this has been the situation for a while I just hadn't noticed.

Notice the blow torch in the top right corner that 29 candles creates. 


Clint, the arsonist, and Daniel watching the flame of age burn bright. 
  

Notice the haze of smoke as I try and blow out all those candles. 

And as always, Clint surprised me with a sweet display of birthday gifts that he wrapped himself. I thought he did a great job, don't you?

Perhaps my favorite part, a birthday wish from one of the cutest, sweetest gifts I have ever received. 

Really it was a sweet day. And while it was a bit of a shock that my age exceeds the number of candles in one box by about 5 years... Those five years have been the best of my life.  I found the greatest church in the greatest city, met my gorgeous husband, went to Paris, London, Mexico and China and had two of the most beautiful children I have EVER seen. So if that is what getting old has to offer, I welcome the next 5+ years, bags and sags. :) 

Praise the Lord for His Word and  His faithfulness to answer all His promises.

" To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness
That they may be called trees of righteousness
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
they shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.

Isaiah 61:3-4


what a great life!

No comments: