Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Perfectly Orchestrated

This may seem a bit hokey to some but it was extremely personal to me.

This Sunday I heard one of the most incredible sermons. I am blessed to sit under my pastor. It was the last in a series on grace. Every one has been beautiful and uncomfortable. However this one was unique in that for a few brief moments, our pastor became so overwhelmed by the grace of God that he couldn't finish reading the stanzas of a hymn. It was beautiful.

I felt like the Lord assured me I was right where I needed to be.

He very clearly spoke that I have been forgiven, sanctified and restored.

He clearly said that even the road ahead wouldn't be easy.

So while I left encouraged, not even moments through the church doors it began...
an onslaught of things that would test my heart.

Yesterday was hard. It ended with me feeling confused and irritated. But it ended with a friend praying over me as we agreed that this was difficult. Her prayer was that the Lord would tear down the walls. Then I had a sad dream... I hate those!

So I woke up and started to tell Clint about it. He was hugging me in the kitchen and said he was sorry. Then he said, "Look, there is a cardinal :), and he sung 'I'm here, I'm here" and we both smiled. I just sat there looking at the cardinal, thinking.

There are people who come into your life and give you gifts that you take with you always. Even through painful and heartbreaking circumstances, they can show you something that you will never forget, a gift.
One such person, a beautiful person, shared with Clint and I that she loves birds and keeps a bird house outside her kitchen window. Every time she will see one it's like the Lord singing to her, "I'm here, I'm here". She wrote on her blog about how the cardinal uses his red coat to protect his partner. That the brightness of the color attracts predators to him and away from her. She made the point that Christ uses His cross to shield us, if we are willing to respond. So every time we see a cardinal, we hear her sing that message, "I'm here, I'm here". Such a gift.

So I sat there, looking out my window this morning, overwhelmed at His message... "I'm here, I'm here" and heard a song that Clint had playing on Itunes.

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering that Your love put You through
And I will walk through the darkness
If You want me to

Cuz when I cross over Jordan
Gonna sing, gonna shout,
Gonna look into Your eyes and see You never let me down
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to You
And I will walk though the valley
If You want me to

Yes, I will walk through the valley
If You want me to
(Ginny Owen's If you want me to)

I love Him so much my heart hurts.
Thank you sister for the gifts you gave me.

No comments: