Thursday, August 13, 2009

Forward Moving....

Forward thinking....

Well, I finally did it! I have been talking about going back to school to get my teaching license for about 4-5 months.

I graduated in 2005 with an intent to get my masters in psychology :) Funny how the Lord has other plans. I had a baby instead. Nothing like a child to redirect your entire life, they are the very best things that have ever happened to me.

So in order to give us added security and a little more income I am going to return to school and get my teaching license. The hope is to be able to teach in the same elementary school as they attend (dream job would be Providence Christian :)

I can't wait. I am excited and scared all at the same time. But I feel confident that this is the right next step for me.

Funny, sometimes when it feels like you're going back to where you started, in all actuality, you are farther along the road than ever.

Praises

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I am so very proud of you! Love you!! :)

The Fitzgerald's said...

yea!!!

Anonymous said...

Its very odd how our timing seems to be lined up on so many things! First the ages (almost to the date) of our boys and now the decision to go back to school to get teaching licenses. I start the master of arts in special ed. program in January. Where are you going and when?

Shai said...

I am so proud of you! YOu are going to do GREAT!!! In fact, I am a little jealous...these days, after long hours and being on-call, I am wondering why I didn't become a teacher! :)