Monday, December 22, 2008

Found My Center

Yesterday was my first Sunday back at our church. The music was incredible! All of the classic Christmas carols that I have grown up with sang by our beautiful choir. Our pastor's message was amazing. I think it is probably one of the best Christmas messages I have ever heard.

I looked up in the choir and saw the faces of the beautiful women that I have looked up to for some time now, singing and praising Jesus. I felt a whirlwind of activity during the greeting time as everyone rushed around to hug the people they had missed before church started. We were actually~lovingly arguing :)~ over who got to hug next! I LOVE THAT!!! I have missed that.

Mid way through the music and the hugs and the incredibly preaching, I realized that for the first time in a while I felt grounded and centered. This was the first place that I found roots and felt established. Being back among the buzz of love and excitement of everyone being together under one roof, all there for the one purpose of loving and praising Jesus put my restless heart at peace.

One of the things I learned while being in Louisville is that I need a loving community right now. As much as I would love to be on the mission field in China, I am not ready. I need the body of Christ too much at this point in my life. And not just any church body, but this church body.

I have never been more excited to go to church on sunday morning and sunday night than any other time in my life. Feels good.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Alright you have to stop all of this bragging j/k. I have missed and wanted to go back to Belle Aire since we left in 2001. I am like you I love Belle Aire so much. Dustin has been looking for a job since this past may and I keep hoping he'll find something at Belle Aire, or at least in TN. That way we can at least visit Murfreesboro. Y'all are lucky and I am super jealous.

Anonymous said...

Personally speaking I am THRILLED you guys are BACK HOME. We love you!