Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Special Church

I know the tendency is to skip over long posts, but I hope you will read through this one. :)

I can hardly believe that in just one week I will be holding another tiny baby. I can hardly believe that I will have two children. It is so exciting to be welcoming my second child into this world and I  can only pray that I will be the godly mother that he deserves. Children are amazing little creatures that make just about everything more full and beautiful. This is a special time.

But I must admit it is also a difficult time. I have become decidedly more homesick. As I have begun preparing and pulling out our baby things to ready our home for this most anticipated arrival, I am reminded of how blessed we have been. I miss Belle Aire and our family there. I did not realize how secure we felt because of there love and support, for even the smallest details of our family. I did not realize that I loved them as deeply as I do and that God had truly knit them into the very fibers of my heart. 

This church family is the model, my model for what love, community and living out true Gospel teaching and fellowship in the church looks like. They are of course, not without flaw, but I know this only because of common spiritual sense and not from experience. We have been gone almost 9 months now, and even in our absence they remember us and support us. That is of great comfort in a place and city where we feel invisible most of the time. 

Thank you family for your love, attention and offerings for our family. I hope that we can be of equally great character and godliness as we are serving in new places.

Please take the time to read these verses in tribute to their faithfulness:

  'And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He who begun a good work in you will continue until the day of Christ Jesus, developing and perfecting and completing it to full completion in you.

  It is right and appropriate that I should have this confidence and feel this way about you all, because you have me in your heart and I hold you in my heart as partakers and sharers, one and all with me, of grace. This is true both when I am shut up in prison and when I am out in the defense and confirmation of the good news.

  For God is my witness how I long for and pursue you all with love, in the tender mercy of Christ Jesus Himself!"

Philippians 1:6-8 Amplified

We Love You~
The Nadeau's

No comments: