Friday, October 12, 2007

150 Beats per Minute!

Today was my 12 week prenatal visit. I love my new doctor! After we chatted for a few minutes about the last few weeks, we got to the fun stuff~listening to that baby! At first she had a hard time finding the beat. It was almost as if she read my mind because she quickly told me not to worry,  that it was normal (one of the many reasons why I love her). And then... there it was, precious and soft and 150 beats per minute!! It was so special~you can never get used to that sound. I have to say that after this appointment, I feel safe to really get excited! All day long I've been thinking that deep inside my body, there is a second little heart beating. And I am already smitten by this growing little one. Praise the lord for this perfect and precious gift!
 Two weeks ago, we had an early ultrasound and got to see the baby. Unbelievable! At one point the tech went into what seemed like 3-d and we could see so perfectly baby's little arms and legs which were so snugly tucked under that little cute bum. Amazing. But I don't have a scanner, so instead I thought I would show you Aslan's precious 20 week ultrasound profile :) Isn't he beautiful?! What is so amazing is the nose in the picture is just exactly what his nose looks like! Technology is amazing~and even more so is a loving God who knits together precious children for us to love. Praises to His name!

I love these babies!!

2 comments:

dp said...

so i didn't even know you all had this blog. crazy. but anyway, and almost needless to say, excited and praying for you guys!

and by the way, i've got a scanner at the apartment, i'd be happy to scan it and email it to you all if you want.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet little Nadeau #2!!! Yeah for a great check-up!!!