Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Is What I Know More Important....

Than Who I am?

"We have all had times on the mount, when we have seen things from God's standpoint and have wanted to stay there. The test of our spiritual life is the power to descend; if we have the power to rise only, something is wrong...

We are apt to think that everything that happens is to be turned into useful teaching, it is to be turned into something better than teaching,  viz., into character. The mount is not meant to teach us anything, it is meant to make us something."   Oswald Chambers

Today I have been thrown into deep thought by these words inspired by Mark 9:2.

Is the bit of knowledge I possess from my few trials made me smarter and wiser to life and certain spiritual truths? Or have they transformed my character, do I look like Jesus? 

Am I full of sunday school answers and no power?

Food for thought.

1 comment:

Crystal Hall said...

I like the idea of the wax paper and cereal wrapper.